CVS Shopping 8/14/2021 - How to Coupon at CVS

At the time of this post, the promotions on the items I purchased are over. My goal in this blog is not necessarily to post the latest deals, although that will happen from time to time. My goal is to share my method for couponing and getting freebies, my method for earning rewards, and my experience with entrepreneurship. Here's my shopping trip from CVS on 8/14/2021. 

My total cost for these 7 items after using coupons was $5.16 plus tax.



Here was my shopping plan

  1. I considered everything that I needed around my home.
  2. I browsed the current CVS sales advertisement for sales on items I wanted to purchase.
  3. I checked for digital coupons that I could use in addition to the current sales for the items on my shopping list. CVS has its own loyalty program called ExtraCare, where every purchase earns a small percentage of cashback/store credit called ExtraBucks. Also, if you purchase certain items/promotions, you'll earn additional ExtraBucks. I generally love couponing at CVS. It is the first store where I started my coupon journey. CVS will literally give you money to shop with. Sometimes I'll see random ExtraBucks in my CVS account that were not part of any promotion that I participated in. It may only be a dollar or two, but every dollar counts.
  4. I searched my other coupon and rebate apps for additional coupons and rebates for the items I wanted to buy.
  5. BONUS: CVS has a program called CarePass. It costs $5 a month to participate but you receive $10 a month in return in ExtraBucks. That alone makes it worth the price. You also receive a small discount on CVS brand products along with benefits from the pharmacy and free shipping for online orders.
  6. BONUS #2: Every time you purchase $30 worth of beauty products you'll receive $3 in ExtraBucks. This doesn't have to be spent in one transaction. As long as you use your ExtraCare account every time you make a purchase, the system will keep track of how much you spent.

Here's what I bought

Note: I completed this transaction using $7 in ExtraBucks that I earned from a previous shopping trip. All of the coupons were digital and found in the CVS app.
  1. 2 boxes of Ritz Crackers - Sale price 2/$6 - Buy 2, get $1.25 in ExtraBucks
  2. 2 boxes of Apple Jacks - Sale - Kellogg's Cereals $1.99
    1. $1 off 2 Kellogg's Cereal - digital coupon in the CVS app
  3. 2 bags of Abound Chips - Sale - Buy one, get one 50% off - original price $2.79
    1. $1 off $4 of Abound (CVS brand) nuts, trail mix, salty snacks
  4. L.A. Colors Nail Polish - $4.49
    1. Store coupon for a FREE cosmetic item valued at $5
Before my coupons were applied, my subtotal was $18.85.
After my coupons and ExtraBucks, my subtotal was $5.16.
I got 7 items for $5.16! That's a win!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Couponing at CVS & Walgreen 2/15/2023: Rebuilding my stockpile

Sudden Credit Score Drop: Reality Check

Walgreens Shopping 7/25/2021 - How to Coupon at Walgreens