Couponing at CVS & Walgreen 2/15/2023: Rebuilding my stockpile

I've been working on slowly rebuilding my stockpile. Today I went to CVS and Walgreens to pick up a few things. I decided to use my accounts that have gone neglected for quite some time. 





CVS

I went into CVS with only one coupon for 40% off of one item. 


The paper towels and toilet paper were a little out of my budget this week at CVS, so I walked around the store for a bit and scanned this week's ad for some easy deals that wouldn't cost too much and would give me some ExtraBucks (store cash). Also, despite the fact that toothpaste is almost always on promotion, I didn't want to get any more because we already have more than we can use. I'm trying to coupon for things we really need. 


The Jergens lotion is not on sale this week, but it is on a promotion of buy 1 get $2 Extrabucks. With the 40% off coupon, the price came down from $8.49 to $5.09.


The Softsoap hand soap isn't on sale this week either, but it is also on a promotion of buy 2 get $2 Extrabucks. I feel that there's no such thing as too much hand soap, even though I do have several bottles in my closet still. 


My total came to $11.47 plus tax, but I got back $2 for the lotion and $2 for the soap. Also, CVS literally gives away money sometimes and I guess since I used my other account that's rarely used, they decided to give me a bonus $5 to get me to shop more. So I got a total of $9 Extrabucks back on an $11.47 order.


Walgreens

I went to Walgreens to get toilet paper and paper towels. My intention was to purchase Scott Comfort toilet paper and Scott paper towels, which are both $5 each. I had a digital coupon for $1.25 off of each plus $1 off each, which means that I would've paid $5.50 plus tax for everything. Unfortunately, I went against my better judgment and stopped at a Walgreens which is rarely fully stocked. I ended up doing something totally different because they had neither the toilet paper nor the paper towels I wanted. 


Instead, I purchased a six-pack of Cottonelle for $7.99 because I had a $1 digital coupon for it. I had a digital coupon for $2.30 off Febreze Air Care which was on sale for $3.29. Finally, I had a digital coupon for $1.25 off a standard-size KitKat candy bar which was at its regular price of $1.79. After the coupons were applied, my subtotal came to $8.52.


There weren't any special store promotions attached to any of the items I bought today, so I didn't get any bonus rewards from the store. I did, however, get some bonus points on Fetch Rewards and Microsoft Rewards Cashback for the Cottonelle, which added up to around $1.50.


Total spent

Between both stores, I spent $19.99 plus tax.


At CVS I spent $11.47 and got back $9 in store rewards. I earned $1 cash back for the Jergens lotion on Checkout51 and I earned a few points on my receipt apps for this trip. After rewards and rebates, I only spent $1.47 for three items. 


At Walgreens, I spent $8.52 plus tax. I earned $0.13 Walgreens cash, $1.01 on Microsoft Rewards, 500 points (around $0.50) on Fetch Rewards, and points on my rewards apps. After rewards, my total at Walgreens was around $6.89.


Not bad for starting over in my couponing journey.


If you are interested in the rewards apps that I use, check out the Rewards Apps & Programs Page.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sudden Credit Score Drop: Reality Check

Walgreens Shopping 7/25/2021 - How to Coupon at Walgreens