Couponing at CVS 2/21/2023: Rebuilding My Stockpile

Even though the policies have changed a lot since 2019 when I first began heavily couponing, and they will continue to change over time, CVS is one of my favorite places to coupon. 

                                                

I didn't have a real plan for today aside from wanting to pick up some Poise Liners. I'm still using my secondary account which doesn't get a whole lot of love from me. 


Last week I received $9 worth of Extrabucks from my purchase last week. I was expecting $4 because they were part of the week's promotions but the extra $5 was a surprise. CVS will literally pay you to shop in their stores


I went in today to spend the $9 from last week. I especially needed to spend the bonus $5 because the bonus dollars expire quicker than the promotional ones. 


I also had a coupon for 40% off of one item that CVS emailed to me a few days ago. The Poise product was going to cost less than $9 and I wanted to spend it all. 


This week, CVS has select varieties of General Mills Cereal on sale for $1.99 each. I also have a digital coupon for $1 off of two General Mills Cereal products. Unfortunately, my store did not have any qualifying products on the shelves so I had to pivot. 


Instead of buying cereal, I bought two 20oz bottles of Palmolive dishwashing liquid. They were on sale, buy one get one 50% off. What actually made me go this route was the fact that I would get back $2 Extrabucks in addition to the sale price. One bottle of Palmolive at its regular price is $4.39. The second bottle at half price is $2.20. Since I would be getting back $2 of store cash, my final price would be $4.59. Basically, it is buy one, get one free. 


My total after coupons and Extrabucks came to $3.26 plus tax. I paid that in cash and got back the $2 I was expecting. However, CVS decided to bless me with another $5 bonus, so I got a total of $7 Extrabucks for my purchase today! 


In addition to the store rewards, I received over 1,000 bonus from Fetch Rewards for purchasing the Poise product. I also got a few points and cents from my other receipt Rewards apps.


At this point, I think I'm fully stocked on dish soap but I will continue to work on rebuilding my stockpile as a whole. My goal is to get as much as I can for as little as possible so I can keep my household and grocery bill low and if push comes to shove, I won't need to shop for at least 6 months. 


I purchased a large bag of Cheeto Puffs for $4.99 using the $5 Extrabucks from my primary account.


After taxes, I spent $4 on today's purchase from CVS. It's another win!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Couponing at CVS & Walgreen 2/15/2023: Rebuilding my stockpile

Sudden Credit Score Drop: Reality Check

Walgreens Shopping 7/25/2021 - How to Coupon at Walgreens